Saturday, August 30, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
Watching the girls climb in and out of the crib with general ease made me realize with shock and horror just how quickly our "babies" are growing up.
I sifted through my photos of the girls and found a photo from January 15, 2006 (5 months old) to compare and contract with the current photo taken August 20, 2008 (36 months old).
To get a full appreciation of how big the girls have gotten, keep in mind that in both photos:
1. The Pack 'N Play is exactly the same size.
2. Big Bird is the same guy in both photos.
Click on either photo for a larger view.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
When I tried to pick her up to sooth her, she began hitting me (eyes still closed), crying, "I want my macaroni! I want my macaroni!"
There were three interesting observations I made even though it was 3 a.m.:
- Caroline LOVES to eat. Even though she is smaller than Katherine, she packs down her food at almost every meal. That evening for dinner, she had polished off a big bowl of Kraft mac 'n cheese, so I wasn't convinced she was hungry.
- During waking hours, Caroline never refers to it as "macaroni". We all refer to it as "mac 'n cheese".
- For bedtime, Caroline had read the book, "Yankee Doodle", which of course, uses the word "macaroni".
So even though I was fairly certain Caroline was not talking about mac 'n cheese, we nonetheless heated up a bowl of mac 'n cheese. Caroline ate one bite, then promptly climbed back into bed and fell asleep. I'm not sure she ever fully woke up.
I guess we'll never know, but I wonder what Caroline was dreaming about. Yankee Doodle? A big bowl of mac 'n cheese? Daddy witholding food from her? It's a mystery!