Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Horror, The Horror . . .

I've taken the latest step in my evolution as a parent.

Last night, I didn't get very much sleep -- which in itself is nothing new.

It's the reason WHY I didn't sleep well.

You see, I've entered a strange, wonderful, and horrific world known to all parents.

A world filled with Muppets, Wiggles, Barney, and Sesame Street, to name a few.

A world where your babies respond well to one CD from one of the above groups.

And so to keep them happy, you play that CD because it makes them laugh.

Because, when all else fails, it stops the crying, and gives you precious minutes of peace and quiet.


Music Calms the Sleeping Babies
(click on photo for larger view)


You play that CD.

Over.

And over.

And over again.

And then the songs get burned into your head.

Over.

And over.

And over again.

ALL NIGHT!

It's 6:00 a.m. in the morning, and I swear I haven't been able to get one song out of my head since midnight!

They say misery loves company, so sing with me now . . .

Click here:

Oh, I've got five people in my family.
And there's not one of them I'd swap.
There is a sister, and two brothers,
And a Mother, and a Pop (that's me).
Oh, five is such a pretty number!
I'm awfully glad that I've . . .
Five people in my family
One, two, three, four, five.
One . . .
Two . . .
Three . . .
Four . . .
FIVE!

(Repeat)



Daddy's Got Muppets On the Brain

No comments: