Thursday, May 11, 2006

Very Pleased To Meet You!

It's continues to amaze me how the girls continue to develop unique personalities of their own at nine months of age.

The girls are learning new things practically every day now. They are also beginning to show signs of learning routines and habits.

One of my favorite routines as their Dad is my "home from work" greeting for Katherine.

Caroline will generally smile at me when I come home from work on the days where they stay at home with Terri, but Katherine and I are much more formal with each other.

When I come home, I will go up to Katherine, hold out my right hand, and state, "Pleased to me you, I'm Daddy. How are you?"

Katherine will respond by taking my right hand with her right hand and wait for me to shake it.

Once I begin to shake her hand, she will place her left hand on top of my hand to give me what I call the "two-handed politician shake."

The great thing is that Katherine will look me in the eye while I am shaking her hand, not smiling, but maintaining eye-contact with me. Only after I stop shaking her hand will she burst out laughing.

I LOVE this age!

Katherine Practicing Her Two-Handed Handshake.
(click on photo for larger view)


*******************************

The girls had their nine month check up last week.

Caroline is now 14 pounds 14 ounces, and 27 1/2" long.

Katherine is 16 pounds 5 ounces, and 27 7/8" long.

Caroline was fighting a cold and ear infection the past two weeks, so wasn't eating as much. But this week she's feeling fine and making up for lost time. Last night she drank 12 ounces of formula in a two hour period. Her usual is 4-5 ounces ever 3-4 hours!

1 comment:

Amy75 said...

President Katherine Lim - I like the sound of it! Now, if you can just keep her out of trouble until she's 35 ; )