Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pretending to Be Angry, But Looking for An Agent

As a Dad, discipline and athletic ability walk a fine line.

We've been trying to cut down on the amount of food-throwing that occurrs at meals. When the girls start to get full, they start to toss their food all over the place. Not so bad at home, but horrible in restaurants.

Yesterday, as the girls were eating chicken nuggets, Katherine raised a nugget in her little hand and tossed it over the table towards Caroline -- about 3 feet.

Caroline, neat as you pleased, picked the nugget up and tossed it back over the table to Katherine.

What I said was, "NO. No throwing food. Put it down!"

What I thought was, "WOW, my girls can throw really straight. Maybe I ought to start teaching them how to catch . . . "

2 comments:

Amy said...

See, I think "not so bad at restaurants, but terrible at home" because *I* have to clean it up at home

Amy75 said...

Go Dodgers!!!