Monday, April 02, 2007

Multiple on Multiples

I will never complain about how hard it is to raise twins again.

(Or at least not for the next week. Or maybe just until bath time tonight.)

On Saturday our friends who had triplets came by our house for dinner.

You heard me: triplets.

They are about 4 months old, and very well-behaved.

Still, there are three of them. Add that to our two girls running around the house, and you had chaos.

Seriously, the babies outnumbered the adults 5-4. Add to the fact that our friends visited while UCLA was playing the in the Final Four, and it was more like 5-3, because I spent most of the time yelling at the television and ignoring the kids (UCLA lost by ten to Florida. Go Ohio State!).

The greatest comment of the night was from my friend John, who, while holding two babies in each arm while his wife held the third, stated in all seriousness, "Man, I just heard of a local family who had four babies. I don't know how they do it!"

After our friends left, the sound of my two girls running around the house actually sounded quiet.

No comments: