Sunday, December 04, 2005

It's a Wonderful Time of the Year

This time of the year is really special for me.  For one thing, David’s birthday is so close to Thanksgiving and I love celebrating Christmas and all its festivities.  However, December now marks an especially memorable time of the year for our family.  

Last December we found out we were pregnant.  We heard the good news a week before Christmas and decided to wait until Christmas to tell our families.  Everyone was very excited.  

A few days after Christmas we went to the doctor’s office to confirm the pregnancy.  David and I looked at the ultrasound monitor in bewilderment.  

What were those two things on the monitor we asked?  “Two heartbeats…you’re having twins!” replied our nurse practitioner.  

David and I were silent and quite frankly stunned.  Tears welled up in my eyes.  I couldn’t believe it.  I’ve wanted to become a mother for as long as I can remember and my dream was coming true.  

Katherine and Caroline were 3 millimeters long then.  Now they’re 24 ¾ inches and 23 ¾ inches respectively now.  

It’s a wonderful time of the year.  Happy Holidays.  

1 comment:

Amy said...

They're getting so long! Mine were just measured today -- 24" and 25" and THEY are 6 months!!