Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This aint' necessarily what you're lookin' for . . .

Some interesting people find their way onto this blogsite.

When I first launched this blog back in 2005, some more experienced bloggers told me about Statscounter.com. It's a website that gives you a free counter on your blogsite (if you look at the bottom of this page, you can see the counter, currently hovering in the 13,000's, thank you very much Grandma and Grandpa!).

However, statscounter.com does more than just give you a counter. It lets you track visitor activity, so that you can see where in the world people are coming from. You can also see how a person entered your site, and what originally brought them to your site. Sarah, for example, once wrote an entry on how people found her website through all sorts of strange keyword searches on Google.

Every now and then, I'll check statscounter.com, just to see where people are coming from, and how they find this blogsite.

Imagine my amusement this evening when I noticed a visitor from Brazil, who found this site after doing a Google search for images of . . . . "Elvis and Twins".

What the &*#!%*&!! is a person doing looking for images of Elvis with twins? I can tell you they probably didn't expect to find this page.

What was really interesting about my lurker from Brazil is that he/she didn't just leave the site immediately (statscounter.com will tell you how long a person stays on your site). Not having found "Elvis and twins", my Brazilian visitor nonetheless spent 1 minute, 22 seconds on the site, reading about Katherine's crazy hair. Or maybe the person didn't speak English, and was trying to figure out why Google was so screwed up as to send him/her to a baby twin site, for God's sake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strange you should mention that. You are my main source for twins and elves.

(Needless to say, I really don't have all that much information on the subject.)