Monday, May 15, 2006

I Love The Smell Of Urine In The Morning

It is 3:26 a.m.

Katherine woke up crying, and I jumped out of bed to give her a bottle.

While getting her bottle ready, I was holding Katherine, and notice she started to squirm around quite a bit.

Being more than half asleep, I ignored her for the most part.

But then I had the vague sensation of my shirt being wet.

Still being half asleep, I figured some water from the sink had splashed on me.

Then I had notice the smell of urine.

It was getting stronger with every second.

Still being half asleep, I did what seems unfanthomable to those fully awake.

I pretended I didn't smell anything. Denial is wonderful at 3:26 a.m.

I proceeded to feed Katherine, while in my head, the thought kept repeating itself over and over again in my head -- "Boy, it sure smells funny in this room. Did I spill some milk on the couch earlier today?"

Luckily, as I began to wake up while Katherine was feeding, it slowly dawned on me . . .

"Hm . . . wet shirt + smell of urine = Katherine's diaper must have just leaked on me!"

I changed Katherine's diaper, Katherine's PJ's, and Daddy's shirt.

I never claimed to be a rocket scientist at 3:26 a.m.!

No comments: