Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ancient Chinese Secret

Katherine and Caroline love to play with laundry.

It's probably the warmth of the clothes as they are freshly removed from the dryer, but anytime we bring a load of laundry in from the dryer, the girls will literally jump into the laundry basket and begin to toss around the warm clothes.

Nothing Like the Smell of Fresh Laundry!
(click on photo for larger view)

************


In fact, the laundry basket and a fresh pile of clothes have become our ally in keeping the girls happy. Besides, it makes a great excuse to not fold laundry! After all, we want to keep our girls happy, right?

I know it's probably not politically correct, but whenever I see the girls playing in the laundry basket, I think back to that old 70's Calgon commercial, and think to myself: "Ancient Chinese secret, huh?"

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you're either too young to be reading this blog, or you watched far too little television in the late 1970's and early 1980's!

The Girls and Their Laundry
(click on photo for larger view)

************


We need more Calgon!
(click on photo for larger view)

************

1 comment:

Amy said...

Laundry baskets have another use, too. I left an empty one in my bedroom yesterday to go put up the clothes I had folded, and came back to Brayden pushing it around the room, using it as a walker. He was so cute just motoring along behind it.